Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year Gone

There are only 13 hours left of 2012... And at first thought, I am happy to see it go. 

Then I reflect. 

I remember the moments in the rocking chair with Max, singing, reading and snuggling.  I think of our failed attempts to have another baby.  I remember the dinners with my sweet daughter whose life seems to be transforming right before my eyes.  I think of our discussions about finances.  I remember the date nights with my wife and the laughter we always seem to find at just the right time.  I think about how differently we sometimes see things.  I think of my very best friend in the world and our two awesome weekends we managed to carve out this year.  I think about missed opportunities to spend time with friends.  I remember our family vacation with three of us and two sets of grandparents in one condo for an entire week and I can't think of a better way for Max to spend a week at the beach hanging out with two of his Grandfathers!  I think about my own grandparents and relive family vacations from my own childhood and am grateful for the time I still have with them.  I think about the people I've lost this year - both literally and figuratively.  The people who were in my life only for a brief period of time for one reason or another and the lessons I've learned from them.  I remember that people are ALWAYS who they show you they are.  Without fail.  So pay attention and surround yourself with people who bring something to your life.  I think about my funny friend Crystal who lost her battle with cancer just two weeks ago.  One of only two people who I can think of that truly shared my love for and appreciated the art of sarcasm.  She was one of the funniest people I had ever met and I feel lucky to have known her.  

I think about all of these things and more and I think want to cherish every single second of these last 13 hours.  It all makes you who you are, so make the most of it. 

Happy New Year Friends!

No comments: